Sunday 20 March 2011

Thankyou

Today church is all about giving God thanks, we often have a thanksgiving service where everyone prepares a little testimony or just a word to give God thanks.

To be fair its not a hard thing to do as there's nothing I can't give God thanks for.

I woke up this morning so I give God thanks; I have my health so I give God thanks.

But above all, I want to give God thanks for making me realise that I can't live without him, and all the  moments in my life I felt like I got myself through situations, its not until I look back I can truly see that it was Gods grace that got me though.

I thank God that my Grandmother gave me to God as a child because since that moment he has never left my side, not for a minute, even when I hadn't given my life to God and way before I started even thinking about going back to church, God was still there for me.

I thank God that even though I was brought up in a series of foster homes, that everyone family I lived with knew the word of God and took me to church, because it was the word I learned as a child that stayed  me, like a tattoo the word stayed engraved on my heart and saw me through some of the worst situations I faced later in my life.

God prepared me for every moment because he knew I would fall away, but deep down knowing that I would give my life again and for that I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment