Wednesday 2 March 2011

Lovesick: I'm in love...

 

It felt weird at first as I have never been in love before; well... I have had situations which felt like love, but after careful consideration, I now know were nothing more than youthful obsession, in fact no comparison to the real thing at all.
You may be thinking who is this person and where did I meet him, well it’s  kind of a strange story, he came at a time when I wasn’t  really looking and you know what they say, “He’ll turn up when your not looking” how true that is.
He has always kind of been in my life; I just didn't notice him before. I kept flirting with disaster, being lured into different directions, but he never gave up on me, he kept telling me to rely on him but I just wasn’t willing to listen.
I lost him once and it was then that I realised I how much I needed him- they say “you don’t know what you have until it’s gone”; they seem to say ALOT don’t they.
But finally I saw sense, all my life I had been searching and he was there all along, I am so thankful he is still in my life.
And now... well now I just can’t stop thinking about him, knowing that he has my best interest at heart, that he would do anything for me, go so far as to actually die for me.
A perfect gentleman in everyway, he takes the time out to teach me, he is in no way judgemental and in fact he seems to show up more in my weaknesses.
He has wisdom, knowledge and integrity, and what’s more he is rich; but in so much more than wealth - although his father has a mansion, which if I play my cards right could hold a place for me one day.
Everything I learn about this man leaves me desiring more, and the more I get to know him the more I want him to be in my life. 
We just seem to be on fire, almost as if we’re merging into one, my other half, my missing piece.
He is such a comfort to me when I am sad, my protection when I call on his name and what’s more  he doesn’t mind telling me when I’m wrong- I like someone who can put me in my place.
But that doesn’t mean he is arrogant, just the opposite in fact, humble and meek he is just the kind of person I need.
Only trouble is, I’m not the only person in love with him, in fact he has quite a few followers, but I’m not sad because he always seems to have time for me.
So who is this person? His name is Jesus Christ.
 And if you knew him, you would love him too.
Philippians 3:10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognising and understanding the wonders of His person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know  the power overflowing from His resurrection [which exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]...

No comments:

Post a Comment