Tuesday 1 February 2011

Prayer

Forgive me I haven’t written in a few days, just seem to be so busy at the moment.

I wanted to come and give a quick message of encouragement in regards to prayer life as it’s something that God has been dealing with in me.

This is an area where I have struggled over the last few months, especially coming to the end of last year, things just seem to get in the way and wrongly I was looking at prayer as something I was obligated to do rather than a time of enjoyment between me and God.

I always wondered why I couldn't get close to God and why I felt my prayer time was so under attack, but I realised there were things getting in the way - which I will go into in later posts.

The last few weeks God has really brought a lot of clarity to my life, I realised that in order to function the way I really wanted to I needed to create a relationship with God, cherishing the time we have together.

God really helped me deal with the issues that were hindering our relationship and now I feel so blessed to finally feel like I can talk to God, my heart is completely open and prayer time is now a time of peace and joy for me, I never want to be far from God and to feel like that is such a huge blessing in my life.

I really encourage people to persevere in their prayer life and hold on to the time you have with God. A scripture was given to me for this very purpose - Colossions 4:2 tells us to be earnest, unwearied and steadfast in our prayer life, God constantly focuses on the importance of prayer in the bible, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says we should be unceasing in prayer, and Psalms 141:2 says let my prayer be set forth as incense before you, the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. This is how we should aim to pray to God, straight from the heart making a joyful sound unto the lord, giving thanks and glorifying his name. And even when you don’t feel like praying, just get up and give God thanks anyway because you never know where it could lead.

God bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment