Monday 21 February 2011

Public Service Annoucement:



Calling all Christian Soldiers; are you armed?

We're living in the last days and time is running out, the bible says the devil is roaming this earth looking for people to seize upon and devour 1 Peter5:8, what are you doing to protect yourselves?

The armour of God is there for us to protect ourselves against attacks from the devil, we need to get a warrior mentality and realise this isn't a joke, Jesus is coming back but in the meatime we have to do all that we can to make sure we are living a ready lifestyle.

The armour of God teaches us to take authority over our day, below I have listed scriptures that I have been taught, it can take me between 45mins to over an hour depending on what God has laid on my heart, but as my Pastor says if this is the only thing you pray make sure you apply it.

If you want the basic armour just apply ephesians 6:10 - 18 once you have prayed that you can start thinking about getting deeper, I pray the following to deal with different parts of me. You will find along the way that you want to include a lot of other scriptures, but this is my outline.

Self:

The biggest stumbling block to my day is usually me, I take alot of time out to pray self, to deny every part of me and allow the holy spirit to dwell in me.

I start with 2 Corinthians 5:17 - I thank God that I am a new creation in Christ, I pray that I lose self, forget the old me and renew myself in the spirit.

Galations 2:20 backs this up, I have been crucified in Christ therefore the old me no longer lives but I have become one with Christ, I ask God to help me live a life pleasing to him.

Ephesians 4:22-24 Tells us to strip ourselves of our former nature to put off and discard our unrenewed self but be constantly renewed in the spirit of our mind putting on the new nature created in Gods image.

Roman 13:14: Clothes yourself as the Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah, making no provisions for the flesh.

Colossains 3: 12-14 Says clothes yourselves therefore as Gods own chosen one...by putting on behaviour marked by tender hearted pity mercy....

Ephesians 4:25 Reject all falsity being done with it, let everyone express truth with their neighbour

Ephesians 4:15 Backs up the previous scripture telling us to deal truly, live truly and speak truly.

But my favourite scripture during this prayer is Matthew 16:24 Jesus says if anyone desires to be his desciple let him deny himself, lose sight of his own interest and take up his cross and follow him, conforming wholly to his example in living and if need be in dying also.

The more I pray over self the more I realise that the only good in me is God, I truly desire for the spirit to have its way in me and to lead and guide and convict me in everything I do, I desire to be like Jesus, I ask God to humble me and allow a serving spirit to dwell in me, I thank God that I am a new creation.

This has turned into a long rambling post so I will continue this in sections, over the week I will be giving the remaining scriptures for  a warrior spirit, peace, forgiveness and faith, plus the love walk.

God bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment