Saturday 19 February 2011

Ever since I swapped my secular music for gospel I have discovered so many new and talented artists who are glorifying God, but sometimes oldies are goodies and this month I have rediscovered Hillsongs.

Hillsongs praise and worship albums just have a way of speaking straight to my heart and spirit, the songs are sang with such beauty and so heartfelt that I have literally been moved to tears, usually whilst riding the bus to work which isn’t always great.

If you’re not familiar with Hillsongs, although I am sure most of you are, but still...I will put it like this, Hillsongs do for praise and worship what Mariah Carey does for the ballad; they just seem to know exactly what I’m feeling and exactly what I want to say, only they can articulate it a lot more eloquently than I can.

Being able to relate to a song is so important to me, ever since I came to God I just can’t have the same feeling for “worldly” music because its just not my life anymore, my life is about finding God, this is what I relate to so when Hillsongs sings “And I will open up my heart And let the Healer set me free” that’s exactly how I feel. Sometimes when I don’t have the words to pray I just throw on one of their albums and I know I will find what I need.

This is my favourite at the moment, enjoy



Lyrics:
Over the mountains and the sea
Your river runs with love for me
And I will open up my heart
And let the Healer set me free
I'm happy to be in the truth
And I will daily lift my hands
For I will always sing
Of when Your love came down

I could sing of Your love forever
I could sing of Your love forever
I could sing of Your love forever
I could sing of Your love forever

Oh I feel like dancing
It's foolishness I know
But when the world has seen the light
They will dance with joy like we're dancing now

I could sing of Your love forever
I could sing of Your love forever
I could sing of Your love forever
I could sing of Your love forever

No comments:

Post a Comment