Wednesday 26 January 2011

Flesh Vs Spirit, Part 1 - Walking in Love: Public Transport

Each day we choose to walk in the spirit is a test in itself, every morning when I open my eyes, adjust my head scarf and prepare for the day ahead, I pray and ask god to strip me of my former nature, I ask him to clothe me as his own chosen representative, to humble me, and to love each person as I love myself.

With good intentions I give myself over to the Holy Spirit and ask God to walk with me, I do this as part of my armour, not only to protect myself against spiritual warfare, but also because I know what awaits me....

Corinthians 13:4 tells us that we should walk in love, not taking offence and taking no account to the evil done to us, we shouldn’t be touchy or resentful, and pay no attention to a suffered wrong.


But how quickly do you forget those words when being hustled onto the bus, each journey turning into a battle of survival, as shopping bags crash into your shins and buggy’s roll over your feet, you hear your flesh screaming, wanting you, urging you to say something, “... er, can’t you look where your going?” Your flesh wants to shout, whilst your spirit man is willing you to remain strong.

No one said walking in love is easy, and God says the path is narrow and only but a few find it, but if I can remain filled with the word of God, what little I suffer now is worth the greatest reward in heaven.

So the next time I am literally packed into a tube carriage as what my sister likes to refer to as cattle, being shuttled from one station to the next whilst breathing in arm pit, and trying to avoid eye contact with complete strangers, with which I seem to be partaking in what can only be described as a human sandwich,  I will continue to have  joy in my heart and a smile (though subtly) on my face, continuing  in the process and clinging steadfastly to the word of god, heartily praying the love chapter over my live and that of others.

God bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment