Tuesday 25 January 2011

Counting the cost of living for Christ

“If your salvation doesn’t cost you anything, then it isn’t worth anything” that is such a deep statement, but isn’t it true? That was the word spoken at Sunday service, and boy was it needed.

If me coming to God doesn’t affect what’s happening in my life, if nothing has really changed, I’m going to church on Sunday but still taking to the raves on a Saturday night, doesn’t that mean I’m not living for God?

As a Christian I should be making a difference to the people who surround me, God says that we should clothe ourselves as his chosen ones, his own picked representatives, so as a representative of Christ how am I making a difference, if no one can see any considerable differences in my life compared to that of a non-Christian.

Giving your life to God is a sacrifice; we have to be prepared to give up the desires of our flesh in order to live for the spirit, Matthew 16:24 says “who ever desires to be my disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow me”.

So what might that sacrifice be? Putting my wants second to Gods, desiring to do the works of God more than anything else, not going to places I know I won’t be able to practice the word of God, not drinking and what ever else we find ourselves doing instead of giving ourselves to God.

For me, fully accepting this would mean to cut off the things I know are a hindrance to my godly walk, and the biggest of these are my non Christian friends, considering the length of time I have known them this is so difficult to do, I hope over time some will be converted, but for some I just know this isn’t true.

God say how can light have fellowship with dark, and the truth is if you’re not for God then you’re against him, maybe that’s just something I have to consider as I gain strength in God.

A sacrifice, yes, but the most important thing a Christian has in there lives is there relationship with God, and no sacrifice we make on this earth can be any greater than what God has already sacrificed for our salvation.


God Bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment